Garden volunteers create and tend our woods and gardens, encouraging nature’s beauty and serenity, for those in our care. Our garden volunteers may be master gardeners, hobby gardeners, or simply those who find pleasure in spending time outdoors.
Come garden with us. We need your help! Garden work sessions are generally held Mondays and Thursdays, 9:30 am-12:30pm. Drop in and stay for 20 minutes or 2 hours! Guidance and direction from the volunteer team lead on-site to guide work activities. We have a variety of (mostly) light garden tasks and guidance and lists of projects needed are provided.
At this time in our garden we are in need of volunteers who can help us:
· Start and maintain a composting system for mulching our garden waste
· Solicit donations of plants, soil, tools, etc. from nurseries and garden shops
· Create habitat for birds and pollinators
· Clear out and inventory the contents of the tool shed
· Repair and reinstall the soil erosion barriers in the pagoda garden.
· Pulling weeds and amending the soil in preparation for planting.
Note: if we are experiencing a day of continuous rainfall, that day’s gardening will be CANCELLED. Bring your favorite garden tool with you and take it home when you leave.
Recruiting garden volunteers NOW! Email our Garden Team lead Emile Gaiera via the button below to get started.