Garden volunteers create and tend our woods and gardens, encouraging nature’s beauty and serenity, for those in our care. Our garden volunteers may be master gardeners, hobby gardeners, or simply those who find pleasure in spending time outdoors.
Come garden with us. We need your help! Stay for 20 minutes or 2 hours! At this time we are on a “drop-by and drop-in” schedule. Show up any time between 10:30 – 3 p.m., stay as long as you like. Guidance and direction from the volunteer team lead on-site to guide work activities. We have a variety of (mostly) light garden tasks and guidance and lists of projects needed are provided.
At this time in our garden we are in need of volunteers who can help us:
· Start and maintain a composting system for mulching our garden waste
· Solicit donations of plants, soil, tools, etc. from nurseries and garden shops
· Create habitat for birds and pollinators
· Clear out and inventory the contents of the tool shed
· Repair and reinstall the soil erosion barriers in the pagoda garden.
· Pulling weeds and amending the soil in preparation for planting.
Note: if we are experiencing a day of continuous rainfall, that day’s gardening will be CANCELLED. Bring your favorite garden tool with you and take it home when you leave.
Recruiting garden volunteers NOW! Fill out our Inquiry Form to get started!
Copyright © 2021 Friends of Hopewell House - All Rights Reserved.
A 501(c)(3) organization, EIN: 84-3380179
6171 SW Capitol Highway, Portland, OR 97239
Website by WHCo.
Living Well in The Presence of Death